Letters to the President
We need your help to make Loving Day an officially recognized national day of celebration in the United States. It could even become a national holiday! It's already been officially recognized in Mr. and Mrs. Loving's home town of Caroline County, VA (here's the official resolution).
Here's how you can be a part of it:
- Write a nice letter (or five) to the President of the United States asking for official recognition of Loving Day
- Include the words "Dear Mr. President: Please make Loving Day an official holiday!" (or your interpretation of that message)
- Please use white, unruled 8.5 x 11 inch (or A4 size) paper.
- Place your letter in a standard size business envelope (or a 9x12” envelope if you’d prefer not to fold your letter).
- Contact us and we'll let you know where to mail your letter(s).
- Loving Day will put all of the letters into a nice package and send them to the White House.
Feel free to get creative and to make your letter especially heartfelt and unique - but here’s an example to get you started:
Dear Mr. President,
Please make Loving Day an officially recognized national day of celebration.
Thank you very much!
YOUR NAME HERE.
The Loving Day Project has always been about building multicultural community, and so it’s time for the community to get involved in this great effort. Do you teach a class? Host a play group? Make it a group activity! The more entries we get, the better. When the President sees how many people believe in making Loving Day an official holiday, he’ll be inspired to make it happen. Let’s work together to make Loving Day an official national holiday!
Please note that by sending us your letter, you agree to the terms of the Loving Day Artwork Release. We may scan it and post it to our website (among other things), and we will eventually mail it to the President of the United States!